Monday, January 16, 2012

BCCK welcomes CNY



Borneo Convention Center Kuching's The Raintree Restaurant is offering 3 fabulous Prosperity New Year set menus completed with fresh and  to welcome the upcoming Chinese New Year. And lucky me was invited to attend a bloggers food tasting event. 

Without further ado, let me introduce the five dishes I've tasted that night. :)




Sashimi Salmon with Condiments

I enjoyed this dish the most because of the nice combination of different textures in each bite. About 15 ingredients were used and sauces namely plum juice, lime and oil were drizzled onto it to further flavor the dish.



Eight Treasure Dried Seafood with Fish Lips

Thick and rich, the way I love them.



Braised Sea Bass with Preserved "Tong Chai" and Garlic

I love fish and I loved this dish. Love the salty topping, and it's a guarantee that this dish will go very well with rice.



Stir Fried Sea Prawn with Oriental Sauce

Sweet and bits sour flavored prawns. I love prawns and the chef did good cooking them. Nothing to complain about. :)



Steamed Village Chicken with Red Dates and Chestnut

If you have similar taste like me, that when you see Chinese medicine ingredients -whatever you call them- in dishes, you'd get turned off and expect the dish to have a somewhat bitter taste. But it was the total opposite. The chicken in this dish did not even a little, tasted bitter. And to be honest, I really enjoyed this dish.





Before we started our feast, together we tossed the Yee Sang. First the waiter sprinkled flavorings onto the ingredients from the red packets, then he placed the salmon onto the dish.



Note that this gigantic portion is the actual portion size being served to diners. :D



Then the fun began!

Everyone grabbed their chopsticks and mixed the ingredients all together. Tossing of the Yee Sang is a tradition said to bring prosperity and luck. So while doing so, we yelled out our wishes for the new year. :D



And the idea is to make it as messy as possible? the messier the better. Awesome!



Enjoyed a wonderful dinner with bloggers and chef Peter. :)

So what are you still waiting for? Enjoy your reunion dinner at BCCK this year. :) Call 082-392888 or 082-392688, or visit www.bcck.com.my for reservations and more information. If you have any inquiries, don't hesitate to ask me too. :)




With all the love,
Kxin

No comments: