Monday, July 9, 2012

The Sarawak River Sunset Cruise


Bryan got two sponsored Sarawak Cruise tickets and he invited me to join him. :)

I willingly said yes as we haven't been catching up lately, and that I've never been on a cruise before myself. Thankfully, the whether was on our side today as it was a sunny, windy yet not excruciatingly hot day.



Today the Riverside had a lazy, relaxed charm of how a Sunday afternoon should have. Not much people around here, not as busy as always. Don't really get this vibe often so yeah, I loved the Riverside today. :)




The exterior of the Sarawak Cruise, and the upper deck where guests sat and enjoyed the cruise. 

The lower deck has a classy restaurant setting, and is open to guests with pre-booked buffet meals. We noted some White, some Japanese and some Indonesian visitors. Being on this cruise myself made me feel like I'm a foreign visitor too! Bryan had the same feeling as well, haha.



Light refreshments were served to the guests of the cruise- orange juice and the infamous Sarawak layered cakes. 








Some of the views along the way. :)

I didn't really take pictures of the apparent monuments and landmarks eg. the Astana, the Dewan Undangan Negeri Sarawak, the Riverside Suite etc. Reason being, I am a Sarawakian and I've seen the landmarks across bank always so yea. Heh.



Bryan being his usual photographer self.



Friendly villagers living across the river waved at us as we rode past them.



Saw a sweet couple holding hands, and I can't stop myself from sneaking a shot. ;)




Us- pictures from my cam, and from his Instagram. :) I no look pretty in the pictures so I very sien...



The almost sunset. :)




On the way back to the port, we were entertained by a group of 4 dancers, performing for us the traditional dances of multiple ethnic groups in Sarawak.




The sun has set before we arrived back at the port. The Grand Margherita looked really pretty under the greyish blue sky with the lights lit against its walls, and the classy-looking bistro located outside.



A picture of me before exiting the boat. :) Outfit- Top from Wendy Boutique, shorts are my usual Beige MNG and the white Oxford shoes from Rubi. 

The one hour and a half cruise has finally came to a stop. Went home after having dinner at Manhattan Fish Market. As always, love the Garlic Herb rice. Enjoyed the day thoroughly. :)





With all the love,
Kxin

No comments: