Sunday, September 16, 2012

Battle 21



Today, I went to Berjaya Times Square to catch a concert I wanted to watch since a long time ago called Princess Wen Cheng. It's a concert consisted of traditional dances and old Chinese songs competitions etc, and I've been looking forward to this all my life...

Kidding!




The event above was actually going on as well, but no, I went to catch the Battle 21 Volume 2 International. :)

What sets this dance competition apart from the other was the fact that only dancers 21 and under can participate. Which means, if I am to participate in this competition, next year will be the last year to do so. Not with the intention of discriminating the older dancers lol, the event was held to promote urban culture and at the same time unite the youth through common interest.




Went to the event with this group of lovely people- TUDC ie. Taylor's Uni Dance Club. :) They were all participating in the battles so I  volunteered to be their photographer of the day.



The humorous, charismatic MC of the event. Saw him once back in Kuching when he was hosting another dance competition there as well, so I guess he is quite a renowned MC.






The crowd. :) 
















1 on 1 All Style Battle. 





Top 8, Top 4 and consecutively into the finals. Watched the competition until night time omg.



And even though it has been a long day since noon, the venue still remained crowded all the way. People were all anxious as of who would become the winner of this game.




Before the final rounds commence, we were entertained by Kartoon Network- the double winners of Astro Battleground 2010 and 2011.

It was definitely one of the highlights of my day. The choreography was so tight! It sent me goosebumps over and over and over again and I was cheering all the way- it was THAT good. :)




The epic 1 on 1 Popping Battle finals between  Jeyden and Reborn was epic. Not a popper but I super love the way they kill all the tiny beats accurately! They were both awesome but I was more towards supporting Jeyden.




1 on 1 All Style Battle between Dylan of Malaysia and Kai from Singapore. Dylan made use of dance style Krump, but Kai's musicality was out of this world good.

2 on 2 Bboy Battle finals between 21 Kidz and Style Rock Floor, and 1 on 1 Locking between Kai and - although in totally different ways, they were both very epic to watch too.




Winners were finally announced. 2 on 2 Bboy Battle champion goes to 21 Kidz!




And 1 on 1 Popping Battle champion goes to Reborn!




Kai, the dancer from Singapore on the other hand, won the 1 on 1 Locking Battle Champion..



..And also the All Style Battle Champion. Congrats on the double win!!



A group picture of the judges and all the dancers who took part in the battles. :D It's just like a family portrait, only that it's more colourful and fun!




Then out of the blue, Oppa Gangnam Style was played and everyone instinctively danced along to the music! I was dancing too while taking these pictures, haha. That was really fun!



No pictures of myself in this post because I look horrible in every shot I took. I blame the hair for the ugly pictures I take nowadays. :/

And that concludes Battle 21 Vol 2! Made new friends, had a great time. This was also my first time of going to a KL dance event. :D I'm sure you'll see me at more dance events to come, and hopefully to take part in some!




With all the love,
Kxin

3 comments:

-JoJo- said...

no wonder, i thought you join as reporter of your college about writing every bit of detail of this competition.

Anyhow, good luck :p

kxin♥ said...

Hahaha i feel insulted.

Blogger said...

BlueHost is one of the best website hosting provider with plans for all of your hosting needs.