Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Taylor's Law School Mitaa Dinner 2013



The Mitaa Dinner is an annual event held by the Taylor's Law School and I attended my first some time ago. :) Hi Collette thanks for being my model for the backdrop shot! 

As a short introduction, the Bar Council of England has four barrister associations under the Inns of Court namely, Lincoln's Inn, Inner Temple, Middle Temple and Gray's Inn, and all barristers each has to belong to one of the associations. Mitaa in short stands for the Malaysia's Inner Temple Alumni Association and the members are law practitioners from the Inner Temple association. The Taylor's Law School held this Mitaa dinner as a platform for us law students to meet the judges and lawyers who are alumni from the named association.





Before the commencement of dinner, we were served with mocktail and cocktail buffet at the beautifully decorated deck of Tangerine Restaurant. This was the chance we got to meet and mingle with the judges and lawyers for the first time.



We were then seated to our assigned tables and at our table there were 2 lawyers from Mitaa siting with us that evening.







The respected people from Mitaa and fellow friends from my table.



Lawyer Serene Kho is practicing in Johor and she was seated opposite of me that evening. Heard a lot of stories from her Inner Temple days and could tell that she is very very proud of once being a part of the Inner Temple. She has a very bubbly personality and she's very humorous in nature. It was also a very enriching conversation because I gained a lot of insight of what to expect when doing the Bar in the future. Very glad I got to meet her. :)

I had also a young lawyer from Skrine, Mr Nimalan seated to my left but I didn't manage to take a picture with him. Thank you for being a wonderful company that night too!



One with the classmates August 2012 cohort who attended the event.



Darling Anita. :)




It was the first time we wore the formal robes but it was so hot and inconvenient. Can't deny the fact that we looked really cool though! :P



A crazy shot with the girlfriends. :)



And a crazy shot with our seniors the March 2012 cohort. Lawyers-to-be are fun people too!



Beloved Mr Wilson, Constitutional and Administrative Law lecturer. He is very very hot! (lol it's an inside joke)



My darlings that helped so much in making my law school experience less suffocating. :) Formal ootn: chiffon top and skirt are new from Padini. Love their latest formal collection! Pictures credit to Ally. 





Finals in 3 weeks time! I will do my best and give more effort than last semester. I wanna get a better CGPA than last semester. Wish me luck! 

Meanwhile during my slacking time I will update my blog and hopefully catch up with the delayed posts since I won't be going out so much anymore. This semester has been a pain in the butt and I can't wait for it to be over! Looking forward to semester break already. :)




With all the love,
Kxin

2 comments:

Shabana Sultana said...

Looks like a nice event! And all the best :)

kxin♥ said...

@Shabana Thank you! :)