Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Food Hunts in JB


I had my second trip to JB last December, following Tim back to his hometown to visit his family before he came to Kuching in January to visit mine. :) 

We stayed for about a week and it was nice and laid back holiday. Didn't do a lot of visiting JB, but we did enjoy a lot of food- many of which I didn't get to enjoy the last time I was here. I'm gonna shortly sum up our trip here in this food-filled post.

Wearing my floral denim button down from Taiwan //





We visited the newly operating Aeon Mall Kulaijaya and had lunch at their Vivo.

I always enjoyed Vivo and the food they offer. Their cheese baked are really good and they have a lot of variety. We had their cheese baked rice with fish and cheese baked spaghetti with seafood. Forgot the sauces that was on there. Forgot what pizza we ordered too lol but it had peppers and olives which I love, and pepperonis that Tim really enjoys.



Time to dig in!




??? lol.





Christmas decorations at City Square Shopping Mall. The angels looked really depressed. :C




Lunch was at Summer Wind, a Tim's must-have during his teenage-hood. :)

It is a simple lunch place with choices of wholesome set, chicken cutlet and rice burgers of different variety. Tim had the Ms. Chicky Rice and Friends, a black pepper chicken chop set with rice, fries and mash potatoes. I ordered their Ms. Dory Burger, which was a rice burger with dory filet, fries and mash potatoes. Thank you for bringing me here love. :)



Had a karaoke session with Tim and Teri one night. :) It was a first time with Teri and she is a really good singer! Loved our session together because all of us love to sing. The rate was RM10 each for 3 hours which was such a surprise as it was a night rate impossible to be found in KL even on a weekday.



Had a family outing with Tim's family, granma and Tim's aunt's family one day. :) Visited the Tan Heok Nee Heritage Walk 陈旭年文化街 and had our lunch there before heading to City Square.

Search Results



We made a stop at the famous Hiap Joo Bakery which is recommended by Tim's family.

It is an authentic family-business bakery that bakes fresh, good bread and cakes daily and their bakes run out as soon as they leave the oven. We left with bags of bread and finished some before lunch lol. Tried the peanut bun and it was good. Heard the butter-milk bun was good too but didn't get to try it because when I wanted to it was already finished. Will surely make another trip back here when I visit again!






We had lunch at this classic coffee shop called Hua Mui that has been around since 1946.




Their Hainanese Chicken Chop and Hua Mui Signature Fried Rice.



Tim's little cousin Melanie with her Toast and Scrambled Eggs.




And lil cousin Adrian whom according to his parents, never takes pictures, actually posed for me with his french fries. And it was really cute how he kept following me around and wanted to ride in the same car with me awww. These two are too precious!



Awesome dinner with Tim's family having Hokkien Mee, steamed fish, toufu, chicken wings and so on.



Morning face picture taken the day before we depart back to KL. It was a day of food adventure with Tim around the area. :)






First stop was O'Briens Irish Sandwich Cafe. We went to try it because Teri recommended the sandwiches there. We had the O'Brien Big Club Sandwich. It had chicken chunks, coleslaw, crispy bacon strips, cheese and eggs and it was really good.

O'Briens Irish Sandwich Cafe
Address : No. 73, Jalan Molek 3/1, 
Taman Molek, 81100 Johor Bahru.
Tel No : 1-300 30 3000






Had a pleasant lunch at the Lavender Bistro and Bakery. It was a rainy afternoon but the company and the food were good I wouldn't want it any other way! I love this series of pictures we took for each other and in the second pic, I really like it when he smiles like that. :)

Wearing my polka dot from Mango which was a gift from Tim :)






Had their mushroom soup and we both love it when the mushroom soups are thick and chunky. Had garden salad with Balsamic dressing as my main while Tim had his beef burger with fries (I had to clarify that he was the one taking picture of his dish. Sorry Tim :P). We also tried an egg tart and a custard roll from their bakery.








After a home cooked meal, Tim and I went out to have coffee at My Liberica Specialty Coffee. It was cosy coffee place recommended by Tim's mum. :) Had their Oreo Cheese Cake, Mocha Latte and Tiramisu Coffee. Rates this place 4/5, I'm sure we will be coming back here again no doubt.

My Liberica Coffee
Address: No. 73, Jalan Molek 3/10, 
Taman Molek, 81000 Johor Bahru.
Tel No: +60 10-760 7792






Before heading onto the highway back to KL, we made a last stopp at Setia Tropika to have Indonesian fusion cuisine at Niniq. :) Ordered a Mushroom Soup, Braised Lamb Shank with Rice and also their Nasi Lemak. The food was nice and the cake we tried was nice too! When you visit do try their famous CCTV Cake, a chocolate mousse cake.

Niniq Bistro and Bakery
Address: Jalan Setia Tropika 1/24, Taman Setia Tropika,
81200 Johor Bahru, Johor, Malaysia.
Tel: +607-237 4800


And that was all for my food adventure in JB! I am thankful of Tim's family for their hospitality. :) They really took good care of me and kept me well fed lol. Tim visited Kuching awhile ago as well. May not be blogging about his trip here though because I didn't really take pictures here. Nonetheless I hope Tim enjoyed his trip back to Kuching and was showered with my family's hospitality as much. :) 





With all the love,
Kxin

No comments: