Monday, February 17, 2014

Day Trip to Jonker Street Malacca


Tim and I went to JB and visited Tim's family for the second time last December and our food hunt was blogged about here. On our way back from JB to KL Tim brought me to visit Malacca. I've actually been to Malacca with my parents when I was little but I have no relocation of it, so it once again felt like a first.

White button down - a gift from Tim from Taiwan // shorts- Padini // pink and black Fippers








Went walking around. Saw the Christ Church Melaka and some stalls selling souvenirs.



At the roundabout, saw some rusa that threw Parameswara into the river and made Malacca what it is today.




The Malacca Fort.







The Melaka Sultanate Watermill, the Melaka Maritime Museum and some riverbank scenery. :)





Dinner was Chicken Rice and Ice Cendol. :) First time seeing and trying the famous rice balls which I initially thought were fish balls. The texture of the rice ball was weird for me lol but twas a special experience.



Jonker Street later at night. It was not the Jonker street I used to hear stories about which was sad to see! 

There were supposedly bazaars and crowds of people to give soul to this beautiful place until the road blocked to hold the bazaars was converted back to being just a normal road to ease traffic. Tim was more surprised at the scene than I was. Earlier in the afternoon he was like wow, it was so easy to find a parking spot which was like a miracle on Jonker Street! And he kept telling me excitedly, there would be many stalls up later! Only later had he found out the reason for the empty parking spots. :C



Look at the Jonker Street back then. It's sad that I never got to experience this. I also feel kinda sad for the boutique hotels and stores around the place. (Picture credits to gogomelaka.com)



Tim posing after Datuk Gan, an apparently very famous person in Malacca as there are two statues of him around the place. After some looking into, I found that he is a local politician who was once Mr. Asia in body building, is now the Chairman of the Malaysia Body Building Federation and has a body building academy to his name.



Got these pretty accessories as souvenirs for lol, myself. And that's a wrap for my trip to Malacca! :) 

I love traveling and going to new places with Tim. I'm so thankful for everything. :) Will get back to talking about my Taiwan trip soon! And in my next post I will talk about my beautiful Valentine's Day this year.




With all the love,
Kxin

No comments: