Wednesday, January 28, 2015

Disneyland Paris II


Today I will continue writing about my visit to Disneyland Paris with Tim. :) Alright where was I? Then came 4.45pm which was time for the Parade! Picture was taken before the parade and it was my favourite selfie that day so perfect intro pic for this post.


Sleeping Beauty's fairies led the parade gliding through the crowd on solowheels
Picture shows Cinderella's prince thinking, "Can you not be so kua-jiong?" LOL
Frozen's Anna and Elsa, and Tangled characters at the back ♥
Mary Poppins ♥♥♥ One of my fav movies of all time!
Alice in Wonderland. Not really a fan of the movie because it makes
me depressed seeing Alice go through so many miserable events lol
Jessie looks really creepy with NO NECK!!
Toy Story ♥


Winnie the Pooh characters. Tiger came really close to me
but only to greet the children in front of me. TT

Peter Pan!! ♥♥ Also one of my fav Disney movies of all time.
Mosaic-ed his face because he was moving so fast the blurriness of the picture made him less attractive LOL
Came towards me also only to greet the little kids in front of me fml.
Finale by the classic Disney characters. Ngawww them feels.

The parade was the highlight of my day. :) I grew up watching Disney Channel and I watched almost all the movies and shows so everything felt really close to heart. Kept holding myself back from bursting into tears when familiar characters stroll down the parade walk smiling and waving at you.





Video of parade credits to Tim. The song in the video played throughout the parade and it's super catchy omg!!








Early dinner and our first proper meal of the day was at The Lucky Nugget Saloon. Had their BBQ Pork Ribs set that was served with onion rings, curly fries, a drink and a sundae. Don't remember the exact price of the set but it was around €30 for the both of us. The portion was good. The meal was really yummy and satisfying!



We only then went to explore Main Street USA which we didn't during the day. There are many restaurants and it's where most of the souvenir shops were located. We walked away from here with a bag of candy from a sweets store.



Once the sun has set the castle was lit with blue lights and the tower roofs beautifully sparkled. What a view! Then we went to sit in front of the castle to wait for the fireworks to start. :)

On the program guide it said the fireworks would start at park closing time and on the website it said the park will be closing at 7pm. We found ourselves a good spot and sat on the stone-cold ground to wait. During the wait I was freezing so Tim ran off to get us some hot chocolate. He was gone for almost 45 minutes and I was freaking out in fear of losing him in the crowd. #overlyattached LOL Turned out there was a long queue at a pancake stall where everyone was asking for hot drinks. Hot chocolate tasted amazing in the cold weather. The fireworks started at 830pm. :)







Fireworks were amazing. :) The story of the fireworks was Peter Pan who lost his shadow and ended up chasing after it through many many Disney stories. Enjoyed my day at the happiest place on earth. Can't wait to visit again and will definitely bring my children to Disneyland in the future ♥


Flash back to the morning before heading to Disneyland, when we were buying our train tickets a couple that walked past us saw us in front of the ticketing machine and told us that trains are free of charge for the day. We were like, "Oh really?" :DDD It was unexpected and we were pleasantly surprised. Our to and from Disneyland journeys were free of charge thanks to the Paris government. When we returned home I wanted to know what promotion we were so lucky to have happened to come across. Turned out the trains were free for the day for people of Paris especially those living far to travel to the city to attend a march in Paris regarding the 'Je suis Charlie' case. More than 3 million people turned out for the Paris march and it was called the largest gathering in the history of Paris. (Read here)

Twitted about this before but I wanna quickly mention this again. Thinking back I feel really fortunate that Tim and I were safe during our trip to Paris.  A lot of people were shocked that Tim and I were there around the period where the Charlie Hebdo case happened and asked us to stay safe. Trip was pre-planned and I'm thankful that we got to enjoy the beauty of Paris even at a period of time like this. Just wanna say thank you Paris for being good to us. We are really blessed. :)

And this wraps up our trip to Paris! Two days with only one day to explore the city was definitely not enough. Will definitely visit again if I have the opportunity! Hopefully I will come back again in the summer. :D

The instant I am typing this, Tim will be flying back to Malaysia tomorrow. It will be long distance for us again till when I return home. But I'm not gonna be emotional this time (haha like for the first time) cuz I had him here all to myself for so long during my winter break. The three weeks of doing nothing productive except traveling and spending time together has been amazing wheeee. It was superb while it lasted. :D Time has come for us to return to our own busy lives again, him with work and myself with final semester of law school until we meet again. #Thankful





With all the love,
Kxin

No comments: