Monday, February 23, 2015

My Daily Makeup


Today I wanna write about the makeup that I use on a daily basis. :) In case you are wondering, no the intro picture is not my daily makeup but the makeup I had on during Chinese New Year eve. Oh and in case you didn't notice, I changed my hairstyle for CNY! :D Changed the parting of my hair and I now have shorter side-swept bangs.



As you all may know, I only do full face makeup when there are any special occasions to attend. But I do put on minimal makeup everyday and I wanna share with you guys the products that I use. :)

Product list:

Maybelline Fit Me Concealer in No. 20
Loreal Lucent Magique in N4
NYC Color Wheel Mosaic Face Powder in Pink Cheek Glow
MAC Archie's Girls Veronica Opulash Mascara in Bad, Bad Black
Rimmel Color Rush in Keep Mauving
Sephora Eye brow kit




My foundation is the Loreal Lucent Magique. :) I bought it last year when I was in Taiwan as I was attracted to its rose gold packaging. My bottle is still quite full because I only use this on days when my skin is not at its best condition. I really like this because it is not thick and does not feel heavy on. It also has SPF 20 PA+++ which is a big thumbs up!

The Maybelline Fit Me Concealer is really creamy and it has a good coverage and I use it to cover any blemishes that I have on my face. My color is 20 and it matches the shade of my foundation. You can use this too to brighten the under eyes and also highlight your features but if you do, you would want to get it one to two shades lighter than your foundation. I use it so much until the name are almost completely rubbed off. Running low on this product and wanting to try out other concealers but will definitely repurchase if I can't find a good alternative! Not sure whether or not we have this in Malaysia but if we don't then I will have to restock this before I head back.




I cannot leave the house without drawing my eye brows and I am currently using this Sephora Eye Brow kit. You can tell that it's well-loved from all the scratches! I really like the black packaging with the Sephora logo on the front of it and when it's new it is really sleek. There is a light cool-toned brown, a darker reddish brown and a wax. It also comes with a mirror and separate compartment containing an angled brush, tweezers and a spoolie.



I don't do my mascara everyday but when I do I use my MAC mascara. :) It is limited edition from the Archie's Girls collection which I got as a gift from Mike on my birthday 2013 and it is my favourite mascara since. I really like it because it is really black and the brush has very compact bristles.The only down side is that the brush is quite big, so it can sometimes get onto the lids if not applied carefully. It's slowly drying up and I'm sad. But until then, this will be my go to mascara. The packaging is so cute though its not available anymore you can still get the Opulash Mascara from MAC!



This is the NYC Color Wheel in Pink Cheek Glow. I love blushes but on a casual day this is the one that I tend to reach for. :) It is made up of powder blocks of different shades of brown and pink and it is really versatile. If I want a pinkier blush I will concentrate my brush on the light pink blocks. If I want a more natural skin-toned blush then I will concentrate my blush on the darker pink blocks. Apart from it being versatile and very inexpensive, I also really like this as a blush because the color is not too intense so application is really simple. With this, I don't have to worry about putting on too much and ending up looking too crazy!



I really like lipsticks and I have a ton of them, but I really love the chubby sticks for daily use. They are the hybrid of lipsticks and lip balms so they have the pigmentation of lipsticks but the moisture level that of lip balms. They are loved because they are very low maintenance compared to a lipstick and you don't need a mirror to apply them.

My current favourite is the Rimmer Color Rush in Keep Mauving. :) The brown tube looks really underwhelming but the color is super pretty. It is a sheer berry toned lip balm and I love it for the autumn/ winter. I also have the Clinique Chubby Stick in the shade Mighty Mimosa which is a beautiful coral shade that I cannot wait to wear during the warmer months. I also have the Loreal Glam Shine in Sin for Peach which is a glittery pinky shade.



To wrap up this post, I will include the makeup remover that I'm currently using. It is the Garnier Micellar Cleansing Water. :) It was recommended by the makeup YouTuber Lauren Curtis and I love it because it takes off makeup very easily. It is also very inexpensive!

That's all that I wanna share for today. Hope you find this post interesting and helpful! 





With all the love,
Kxin

4 comments:

AbbyCaDabby said...

Thanks for shairing you everyday makeup! Its actually really interesting to read about, lol. Love your blog btw (:

kxin keryn pue said...

@AbbyCaDaddy Thank you for visiting! x

HarukoBev said...

Try Bifesta makeup remover~ :3

kxin keryn pue said...

@harukobev I have no excess to this brand here lol