Friday, May 15, 2015

Current Skincare Routine- Combination Skin


With dehydrated combination skin, I find that my current skincare regime is doing real good for my skin. Also this is in my opinion my most complete skincare regime to date and I am enjoying the condition of my skin right now. :)

Grew a craze for makeup these few years but lately I find myself spending more on skincare instead of makeup. I guess I'm in that stage of life where I came to realise that the skin is definitely more important than the makeup that go onto it. Truth be told I don't think I am not the best person to be preaching skincare because I do not have the nicest skin. I'm not born with nice skin and I struggle with acne prone oily combination skin since young. All the problems a skin can have, I have it lol sad but true. But I do try very hard to take good care of my skin! Some of the products mentioned are running low and I will probably want to try out new products so. Rather than educating my readers on skincare, which I know is not my strong suit, I'm here to jot down what I'm using currently for reference in case I want to return to this regime in the future.



My cleansing routine: 
Melilea Soothing Milk Cleanser
Melilea Floral Exfoliant
The Body Shop Warming Mineral Mask. 

I use the milk cleanser every day and once or twice per week I add in the floral exfoliant with my cleanser for a scrub. Occasionally when I feel like my skin requires deep cleansing, especially after days of dancing or sweating, I would use the mineral mask on my skin. The mineral mask heats up once it touches the skin and boosts blood circulation I love how brightened my skin looks after every use.



Night time skincare routine: 
Melilea pH Balance Toner
The Body Shop Vitamin E Overnight Serum-in-Oil
Clinique Dramatically Different Moisturising Gel


After cleansing I will spray twice the toner onto my face and pat it in followed by the Vitamin E serum. The overnight serum I'm using is in oil form and it comes with a dropper. I put a drop each on my forehead, both my cheeks, nose and chin and message it in. Then I complete my nightly routine with the moisturiser.

People with oily or oily combination skin might cringe at the word oil seen on skin care products. I used to think too that oily skins are not suitable to use oil based products but that is far from the truth! From some research I found that the oils in skincare are different from the oil produced by the skin and would not contribute to acne, that using oils on oily skin is actually good for the skin. I am probably making no sense right now haha and if I go into detailed explanation it would take me a super long paragraph if not long enough already lol. But I assure you using good oils really help the skin! My forehead was at one point in time an acne-filled war zone but it's now fully cured. :)

Clinique Dramatically Different Moisturising Lotion is a best seller but I chose the gel instead of the lotion because the lotion is thicker and I dislike it when there is tackiness. The gel get absorbed quickly and it feels really light on the skin so I enjoy it a lot! I got mine in the 125ml bottle and I've been using it since September and I still have almost half a bottle to go. :)



Day time skincare routine: 
Melilea Oxy Intensive Cream
Clinique Dramatically Different Moisturizing Gel
Clinique Moisture Surge CC Cream SPF 30
Clinique Super City Block SPF 40


After cleansing I would apply the oxy intensive cream concentrating it on the centre of my face before applying my moisturiser. And as found from research, you need to wear SPF everyday. My choice between the SPF depends on my activities for the day. If I'm staying at home or gonna be applying full-face makeup with foundation I'd use the sunblock but if I am going to campus or for daily casual outing I would go for the CC for a light coverage.

The Melilea range is gifted to me by Tim's mum and I love using it so much. The products are all organic hence no harsh chemicals will enter the skin. I especially love the milk cleanser because it is a light cleanser and even back in winter it does not dry out my skin after use. Recommends!




A newer addition to my skincare routine is the bareMinerals Blemish Remedy. In need of a new spot treatment gel I came across this product on the Boots website. (Btw in UK people refer to pimples as spots)

The product got mixed reviews but the majority of the people enjoyed this products so I went for it. The product came in a loose powder form and it has the minty tea tree smell. It came with a brush and all you have to do is swirl the brush in the powder and apply it directly onto the pimple. It also acts as a spot concealer but I just use it before I go to bed. For a product of only 1g it was definitely a splurge because with the price of this I can get myself a new MAC lipstick! But as I said before I am currently more into skincare than makeup so yea. Currently enjoying this product very much!



Another new addition to my skincare routine is this Clinique Moisture Surge CC Cream. :) Initially I wanted a nice tinted moisturiser and considered to get the new bareMinerals Complexion Rescue, which has such good reviews and a perfect colour match for my skin tone, but it was sold out on the Boots website! So I went for the Clinique CC cream, which was my second choice and I love Clinique products so it's all good! Even thou a CC cream is considered half a makeup but instead of a foundation, I went for something that actually has beneficial properties for the skin. It moisturises and evens out my skin tone plus it has SPF 30 which is perfect for daily use. I'm in the shade light and as well as the packaging, I love this a lot a lot!

And that is my complete skincare regime for the moment. Hope this helps in a way that it recommended some new products to you out there who are interested in buying new skincare. Exams in 5 days time I'm going crazy! Back to studying now, write soon! :)





With all the love,
Kxin

2 comments:

AOS Product said...

Nice to meet you, We AOS Products work with pure essential oils, Aromatherapy oils, Menthol Crystals and mint oil. Mostly uses for hair oil, herbal oils and skin care's related oils.

AOS Product said...

We are a reputed manufacturer of Essential oil work for purity of Natural oil listed as Saw Palmetto oil, Peppermint oil, Eucalyptus oil and so on. There are wide uses of these essential oils. visits our certified site and know basic feature of this oils.