Monday, May 4, 2015

Hair update: Ombre w/ Loreal Preference Ombre Intense


Spring and summer means lighter hair colour and bye bye deep lipstick shades! Picture on my Instagram showing off my new Ombre hair with orange lipstick, Nars Audacious Lipstick in Geraldine. :)

My hair always stayed the same because I'm always in my comfort zone- long, brown hair. Not daring enough to go short, not daring enough to change my hair colour- all because I'm wary that it would turn out ugly and that it wouldn't suit me. I've wanted blonde ombre ends but I never dared to try it. After many years into the ombre trend, I finally took that step! I even texted my sis and told her that I'm going ombre and if it turned out bad I'm gonna go short. Haha going all out.

Sidenote: the Nars Audacious lipsticks are very pigmented but to make it more wearable for everyday I use them as lip stains.



Used the Loreal Preference Intense Ombre box dye in the shade N.104, for light to dark brown hair. (£5.99 from Superdrug) Mix 1, 2 and 3 and squeeze onto the brush and brush through ends of hair. The brush that came with claims to distribute the product evenly in the hair but I find that my hair tangled among the bristles easily.





To avoid a stark division of colour, I concentrated the dye at the ends for longer and after 20 minutes I apply the rest blending upwards. The recommended time for it is 20 to 45 minutes, depending on the intensity you want. As you can see, my hair is super dark and I want to achieve the lightest outcome possible, I left the dye on for the full 45 minutes. After that, I washed the product out with the shampoo that came with the box dye.

Picture shows before after dying and the immediate results I got. :)  Was a tad disappointed because it didn't go blonde as I hoped to. But from research it is impossible to go from dark to blonde without bleaching. And found from other reviews, people with dark hair achieved a lighter results using the box dye meant for lighter hair.



My hair turned out more orange than I like so I bought this Argan Blonde Silvering Shampoo to tone it. (£5.99 from Superdrug) The purple shampoo counteracts with the orange in the hair to remove the brassiness and help the dyed hair to have a more natural appearance.



Current ombre is subtle for everyday and but not too subtle that you cannot see it. It shows up in pictures beautifully. Loving the results. :) Even though I did not get the intense blonde ombre that I always wanted, I'll keep my hair like this because I really like it so far! Long hair is safe for now haha and will go lighter in the future maybe.





With all the love,
Kxin

No comments: