Saturday, April 30, 2016

CNY 2016


I'm sure the super red intro pic says enough lol. Finally I am here to blog about my Chinese New Year this year. :D 

CNY gave two days off, I took an additional 3-day leave from work and flew back home for a 5-day visit. I arrived home late on CNY eve. Flight was delayed from arriving at 9pm to 12am so I missed reunion dinner and counted down at the airport lol fml.



CNY Outfit Day 1 ft. Mum's feet lol. Opted for white and red instead of my usual black and red. :)

 Worth a mention this is the first year I'm doing CNY shopping with my own money!! Proud but sad LOL conflicted emotions. As a fresh grad with her first job, I'm thankful I do not depend on my parents anymore but imagine having to fork out a big chunk from your one-month pay to prepare for CNY? lol my spending was not too hefty but I'm glad I managed to put together a decent CNY wardrobe so YAY. Will get more accustomed to this whole grown-up thing eventually!





With the siblings. ♥ Cute la how the doggies always look at us longingly to let them out to the living room lol.



Mandatory family portrait. ♥ I missed last year's! So happy I am here this year. :)






Day 1 evening at Lydia's. In the pictures above we positioned ourselves on the staircase like we did for pictures taken many years ago but somehow I cannot access on Facebook pictures pre-2012 anymore. Facebook give me back my tagged pictures!

See the double chin picture how some with full force couldn't even squeeze out a tiny one while mine was really easy to achieve LOL fml.






Day 2 in black. Usually second day is with Dad visiting his friends, then over to 2nd aunt's house for Lion Dance.



At 2nd aunt's, the home where I grew up in during my kindergarten years. ♥ Coincidentally we were each matching within our families lol. Us in black, while the cousins coordinated in high low tops and preppy dresses.




Day 2 evening in a blue stripey dress with poofy sleeves . When I came across this dress I thought it was too cutesy and so not my style but thinking I only have a few years left to get away with wearing something like this lol I went with it and it turned out quite nice imo. :)



Hung out at aunt's house and played cards with cousins and their SOs. (Forgot to get rid of the coin on the floor lol...... #soclose #editingfail)



Chilling at the living room with the overly attached doggies lol.




On Day 3, hung out with the Form 6 gang and went visiting with them. And Ivelyn of course. :)




Day 3 evening, the usual gathering at my house for the extended family and my night as expected, revolved around this bunch. :) This is also the chinese new year I started to enjoy wine so cheers to growing up!



Coordinated with the girls to wear white and I loved how it turned out. ♥



The theme for this picture was sexy.....? LOL.






 They are so beautiful to me. ♥♥♥♥♥




Lester was back only on Day 4 so the whole day was dedicated to spending it with him. :)




Throwback to 2011 LOL. Don't think we changed much except I was way slimmer back then......

Had a lovely break back in Kuching although didn't get to meet all the people that I wanted to meet such as Soul Dance. :( Went back to the office on Monday and colleagues told me I looked happy and refreshed. Didn't know it would show on my face but I really enjoyed myself so much back home. :)




With all the love,
Kxin

No comments: