Sunday, April 3, 2016

Travelogue: Kota Kinabalu, Sabah

Back in February, I had the chance to revisit KK Sabah for a day. :) I've once been here many years ago on a family trip. When my family and I visited the place was packed with people because it was during the year end school holidays. My visit this time round though fell on a weekday during non-peak season hence the vacation town was really quiet. Which was a stark contrast to what I remember back then!




What didn't change though was the fact that you can see the sea wherever you go. And that really floats my boat! (haha pun intended)





Had coconut drink at the Pasar Besar. And I don't even like coconut to be honest it just felt like the right drink to have given the ambiance LOL. From there, looking down you can see the jetty where we took speed boats to the islands. How I wish I could just hop on a boat and go island hoping like last time!



I remember vividly the Handicrafts Market which seemed the same to me compared to years ago.






I remember vividly the dolphin at this walkway where you can enjoy beautiful sea view.



I remember vividly the giant sword fish in the middle of the roundabout. (See how much effort I put into writing captions? LOL)





The Waterfront, which is a row of pubs, literally empty. Don't think I visited the last time I was here probably cuz I was just a kid back then. But I'd imagine how lovely the place would be when holiday season comes around again and the place bustling with life.



CentrePoint Sabah also remained the same compared to years ago. I remember mentioning how KK is not a place for shopping, I still stand by that statement lol.




Worth noting though that Oceanus Shopping Mall was a recent addition to the town! Very new with only a few shops open for business. Had Nando's with a view of the sea, loved it.



Will end this post with a picture of myself in the toilet of Oceanus, in my work clothes for the day. Took an evening flight back to KL and that concludes my somewhat nostalgic visit to KK. :)




With all the love,
Kxin

No comments: