Sunday, March 26, 2017

Travelogue: Day Trip to York, England 190715

IMG_8558


Will be blogging about the day trip to York with sis back in July 2015. :)

This is a throw throw throwback to when I was back in UK and sis came to visit me for my graduation. We planned a day trip to York because I've heard lovely things about the town but have not the chance to visit. This post has been on my blog list for the longest time so I figured its time to get it out of the way. This is also dedicated to sis who texted me one day asking me to update LOL here you go!


York

York is only around 30 minutes train ride from times and the first thing that welcomed us after alighting the train was one of its magnificent city wall gate. One noteworthing thing about York is that the town is surrounded by city walls since the Roman area *ahem wiki*.


IMG_8586

IMG_8601

With the York Castle.


IMG_8618

IMG_8623

IMG_8624

Visited the York Castle Museum but before that, must take pictures with the ducks on the museum grounds.


IMG_8639

IMG_8634

IMG_8651

The museum has many interesting galleries and offers a great look into the olden days of York.


IMG_8675

Picture taken at the children play area. Acting all almighty to feed my pathetic ego lol.


IMG_8689

IMG_8696

IMG_8702

IMG_8710

IMG_8720

IMG_8725

IMG_8729

IMG_8761

IMG_8748

Love these pictures! The Kirkgate Victorian Street exhibition is so well made and picture-worthy.


IMG_8770
Sis was hesitant to put on the bandaids but how could I resist? LOL the things I make sis do for my amusement.


IMG_8771

Okay one more hahah.


IMG_8772

IMG_8773

IMG_8774

Meanwhile these are sooooo ugly but they always make me laugh when I see them so yea.


IMG_8802
Had cake before leaving the museum to see the rest of York. My hair was a dreadful mess my goodness.


IMG_8790

IMG_8807

IMG_8821

IMG_8826

IMG_8841

Exploring the quaint little town while making our way towards the York Minster. These streets are absolutely lovely and very Diagon Alley-esque!


IMG_9010

IMG_8933


IMG_8975

IMG_8874

The glorious York Minster and my Harry Potter moment.



Sis actually made this for me LOL.


IMG_8895

IMG_8915

IMG_8916

IMG_9012

IMG_9028

More exploring around town.


IMG_9043

With what's left of the St Mary's Abbey.


IMG_9097

I'm almost angry at sis for not posting pictures of this trip lol because she has so many nice pictures!!

[UPDATE: She actually did post about York wayyyy back hahaha read here and here]


IMG_9120

IMG_9130

IMG_9135

Walked along the York city walls to get to the train station to get back to Leeds. Really enjoyed the visit.

P/s will try to keep up with the blogging because the backlog is no joke lol. Till then!




With all the love,
Kxin

3 comments:

AZRINE said...

Hi, Keryn. I've surfed just a few of your blogs. I can see that you are enjoying your life here particularly to your visit in York, England.

Yah, I see the photographs of the Kirkgate Victorian Street. They are classic, vintage, and cool. Anyway, you had a very nice trip there. I'm very thankful for that. =D

HarukoBev said...

Excuse me, i have York part I & part II on my blog pls. #whyyounoreadmyblogiissad

kxin keryn pue said...

@harukobev OMG I didn't know you've been updating!! LOL will visit soon :p

@Azrine: Thank you! I did have a nice trip :D Thanks for reading.